Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Flog for February 10 - Change Isn't Always Good, Donkey, and Gung Hey Fat Choy

Another smart move by the Federal government - get rid of the pennies. Bet they didn't realize that meant our customers today would pay in ... you got it .... pennies. Except for the gal who for paid her $7.49 purchase all in quarters. At least I got to give her a penny back. Honest to goodness, I don't think I've ever had such a changeful day.

Even though it is almost the middle of February, it is still cold, and I was shivering when I got home. Of course I was shivering before I left the store. Because it was sunny and Steve gave me a ride to work this morning, I didn't think to take my gloves and beret, or wear my sweater, so on the cold way home all I had was my thin jacket to protect me from a heatless bus and a heatless skytrain. Almost 3 hours later, I am finally getting warm - the laptop on the top of my lap is helping a lot, but I have to make sure I remove it before it bursts into flames.

Steveston was crazy busy today - there was a Farmers' Market, it was dry weather, and it was also the Chinese New Year . I don't know if the latter had anything to do with the crowds, but I do know that was the cause of heavy traffic on Steveston Highway. If Steve hadn't been alert we would have been sideswiped on the way, instead we just ended up with the screech of brakes and a jolt of adrenalin

It's the Year of the Snake - go to the link below to see what your Chinese Horoscope animal is. I myself am a dragon (which is why occasionally you hear me roar) - and sorry about the formatting below - can't seem to fix it





http://www.astrology.com/chinese-astrology, find your animal and then scroll down a bit til you see 2013 Year of the Snake forecasts are here_ _ get yours - and click on your animal.



And now, for a Happy New Year treat, turn up your volume all the way, enjoy a traditional Chinese Lion Dance, and 
Xin Nian Kuai Le to you all!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - since I'm all out of bread, I rescued the last loaf of Molasses Raisin from the deep freeze, where it's been lingering since before Christmas (I think.) Still feels fresh, still hasn't risen any more, but still is quite tasty toasted.
  • Lunch - Beef and Barley Soup, Peanut Butter Wafer, Orange
  • Dinner - Chicken, a few Fries, a whole lot of carrots, and the last piece of Chocolate Pudding Pie
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Cherry Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment