Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Flog for February 9 - The Good, the Bad and the Unpleasable -

It was a good day, as Chris and Lizzie were down for most of it, and they had a lot of fun - painting, playing Starfall on the computer (a great educational game site for little 'uns - not all games are available without a subscription, but there are still lots open to all), watching Treehouse and Teletoon Retro, and generally keeping out of mischief.

It was a good day, as I bought oranges and they were sweet and juicy. It's always a gamble buying oranges, isn't it?

It wasn't such a good day, as someone kept disagreeing with everything I said, and complaining about everything I did. But I have to keep a stiff upper lip, I guess, as he's the one with the Real Job.

It was a good day as Steve and Nikkie came down in the evening, and shared dinner with us - after dinner, Steve picked up the guitar and made some pretty music for me - he's learning Carolina On My Mind, one of my favourite James Taylor songs.

So all in all, balance out the good and the bad, and the good wins. It always does.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Beef and Barley Soup - the good brand, even though I bought it at a Dollar Store, for a dollar. Strawberries and Orange Sections, which I snuck from Chris and Lizzie's fruit bowl, which  they shared after their Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
  • Dinner - Hamburger Macaroni and Cheese - not the pack kind, but my very own. Even though Howard complained his way through dinner, he made sure the big bowl of it was empty before he left the table. Chocolate Pudding Pie with Dream Whip (oh these yummy chemicals!) Because I didn't make the dessert Howard described to me a couple of weeks ago, one he was going to make, he got very upset and wouldn't eat any pie. However, he did have half of what was left before he went to bed.
  • Snacks - Cherry Cake (I'm glad he said it was over baked, and there is still a bit left for me. It is sooooo good. It was a bit over baked, I know that, but it definitely wasn't burned, and the inside was still very moist and yummy. Diet Pepsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment