Monday, February 25, 2013

My Flog for February 25 - I'm Getting Too Old For This ...

Soooo cold this morning, and a dark and rainy wait for a bus to take me to the sky train station. I was so cold when I got to the store, I had to keep on going a few steps and get myself a hot chocolate - plus a scone so I would have a bit more energy to face this list.
I had (and still have) no intentions of changing the fluorescent lights. I'm wobbly enough on my feet, let alone on a 6 foot ladder. And I have no intentions of asking someone even older than I am to do it either. We'll see what happens.

I guess I'll have to do the bloody windows tomorrow - yesterday and today were both rainy and cold. Although tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cold too. I didn't mind this morning restocking yarn and generally tidying up the many shelves of it - but then the first delivery man came along. He brought 29 boxes of general stock - guess what we spent the rest of the day doing.
By the time I left only 3 of these were left to do - 26 all done. Tomorrow is another day. 

Meanwhile, before we really had a chance to start on the 29, another delivery guy brought 11 boxes of yarn. the only place for them was the back room, so Pauline and I had to lug them back there. Total weight of delivery was 440 pounds. That averages 40 pounds per box, and let me tell you, my back knows it now.

It was nice to get out for a walk during my lunch break, though - this pretty garden is in front of a Japanese restaurant on Chatham Street. During Christmas, this little plot is filled up with these huge air-filled themed monstrousities - but the spring flowers are so much nicer.
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll get through it, windows and boxes and all - well, except for the lights.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham/Cheese Sandwich, Sprite, Orange - I am so glad we can once again buy Blue Jay oranges - they are the juiciest, sweetest orange of all times, and seedless, too - what more could one ask for? Unfortunately they are only available for a few weeks during this time of the year, so we try to eat tons of them while they are here
  • Dinner - Chicken/Veggie soup - it is sooo good, Yogurt
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Scone


No comments:

Post a Comment