Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Flog for February 17 - Wicked Draft, Lightly Used Chocolate, and Please Don't Go Shopping 3 Minutes Before Closing Time - Service Really Sucks Then

It's a Long and Winding Road - but this one isn't really too windy, and it leads me to work. Rats. But the skies were so beautiful this morning they deserved a finer camera than the one I was holding.
One of my first customers was a guy who was looking for rubber bands. Not a bag of them, like we have hanging from a peg in our 'office department' but just 2 - he was a biker, and when he rode his bike, the cold wind was travelling up his sleeves - he wanted the rubber bands to keep his cuffs airtight. According to what he said, the wind blew up his arms and right down to his shorts. He was wearing jeans, so I guess he meant his unmentionables. So now of course, we had to imagine the path of the wind - up his sleeve to his armpit, down his chest, to his waist. You'd thing the elastic in his shorts would stop the breeze right there, wouldn't you? However, if he's a manly man on his bike, I guess he wants to keep his manly parts from catching a draft. Good job he's not from Isle of Skye (he would have needed a much bigger rubber band if he were - watch all the video if you are wondering why.)

About an hour later we were invaded by a bus load of senior citizens - there were so many walkers lining up to come in that I used the door stop to keep the door open while they were there. Everything was cool - until one of the ladies thought the Lip Glosses that looked like Chocolates -

- were really chocolates, and popped one in her mouth. I didn't really want to take it back after she spat it out - it's still wrapped in a tissue by the cash register. If you come by and there's one there with a red sticker price, I would just leave it if I were you. Just sayin'.

And the day passed - 4 -5 people came by at like 4 minutes to closing, so they weren't really welcomed. The last person I served passed me a 10% off coupon as I was closing the transaction - so I voided everything and applied the discount to the non-sale items she had. Then she decided she would save the coupon for another time, so I had to void the damn sale and do it all over. Then ... yes, there's another then ... she pulled her debit card out of the thingie before it was approved and I had to do that all over again, too. Her reasoning? 'Well, it said received.'

'Yes,' I answered, ' but you have to wait until it says approved.' I won't tell you what my shadow said.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Beef and Barley Soup, Yogurt and Banana. If you live near a Save-On, or a Pricesmart, or any chain that sells Western Family brands, try the Cranberry Raspberry Yogurt. It's sooo yummy.
  • Dinner - Hamburger and Potato Salad - Howard made burgers, great big fat patties. Steve helped by cutting up half a pack of bacon  to muck up inside them, so they were really were great and big and fat. I couldn't eat all of one. Steve made a really good potato salad, with direction from his dad - when I got home I told him to add my secret ingredient (Kraft Coleslaw Dressing) and that just brought it over the top. 
  • Snacks - 4 biscuits, Orange, Diet Pepsi
And now as I write I can smell 12 warm Blueberry/Cranberry Muffins cooling on the table, but I won't have any. If I had placed the berries with melted butter and brown sugar in jumbo muffins pans, and just poured the muffin batter on top, I could have one, as then they would be Upside Down Berry Cakes. But I remain strong ....




No comments:

Post a Comment