Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Flog for February 7 - Just Another Day In Paradise

If Howard were talking to me today, and had asked me what I did all day, which he usually does if he thinks I've done nothing, I would say 'Nothing.' If I had completely filled each second of the daylight hours with 'stuff' like cooking, baking, cleaning, painting, getting a nose job, whatever, I would still say 'Nothing.'

But today I actually didn't do much. A sweep, a vacuum, a washing of dishes, a laundry, a making of bed, and a delumping of the litter box. And lots of Food Network, with American Idol and Glee sandwiched inbetween.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Coffee
  • Dinner - Fish, Chips and Fried Rice
  • Snacks - Cherry Cake, Cherry Ice Cream, Muffin (not Cherry, though - Cranberry)
Lunch Coffee was reheated breakfast coffee, and I actually have had worse. I was just too tired to make new stuff. That's how my day went.

Dinner was take-out Fish, frozen since Sunday. I have discovered if you freeze it right away, and just oven-heat until hot all the way through, it is pretty much fine. I also discovered if you leave it in the oven too long, it gets ultra crunchy, which isn't always a good thing. Yesterday I discovered what would happen if I left it in much too long, so I made sure I didn't repeat that fiasco.

The fried rice started off with the box of Dainty, made as per instructions. Since we are completely out of onions, I sauteed (sounds much healthier than fried, doesn't it?) green peppers, and when they were done, added a bunch of green onions, chopped up, of course. Then tossed the rice in. It was very good. Nice.

And yes, I love cherries. Any which way.



No comments:

Post a Comment