Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Flog for September 13 + A Bean By Any Other Name is NOT a Truly Good Bean

The weather's finally cooling down, which is fine with me. I like sweater weather, and high 20's for the past week or so were a  bit too uncomfortable for me at work. Which I wasn't at much, since I had to leave early two days in a row. Today I stuck out the whole 5 hours with not too much discomfort, so hopefully I'm on the mend. I'm sick of being sick.

A nice surprise - Esther brought me a basket of birthday muffins and cherry tomatoes. Nice. They padded out my snacks nicely! One at work, one at home.

We stopped at the store on the way home, looking for a quick dinner. No one felt like cooking, or waiting for a late meal, since I didn't get off work til quarter to six. So we decided on beans, wieners, left over sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers from last night, and seasoned oven fries. McCain's, not Mine. When Howard mentioned beans, I was so happy, because I love beans. Heinz Beans. The Maple ones are my new favourite, and as I was looking on the shelf for them, he picked up the store brand.

"These are on sale."
"They're not Heinz."
"Doesn't matter, they're all the same."
"No, they're not."

And plop in the basket they go. It wasn't until I sat down to eat he said he didn't want any beans anyway. And they definitely were not Heinz. It wasn't hard at all to just eat a small amount of them, thinking of them more as a protein choice than a favourite food.

  • Breakfast - Cheerios w/Milk, Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup
  • Dinner - Beans & Wieners
  • Snacks - Yogurt, 2 small Blueberry Muffins, diet Pepsi, 2 Cherry Tomatoes
I'm heading off to bed soon. Maybe if I go to sleep I'll forget the hankering I've got for Heinz Maple Beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment