Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Flog for September 8 + Happy Birthday to Me

For those of you who wished me a great getting-spoiled birthday, I thought I'd just keep a running list here of things I did today. Then you can decide.
  • Liked the fact that Howard's first words to me this morning were "Happy Birthday." Disliked the fact they were spoken at 4am
  • Had breakfast
  • Knitted some stocking
  • Washed a few dishes, wiped a few counters, same old same old
  • Loved Gabriel, Arianna and Kayla's Happy Birthday photo

  • Watched an episode of The Sopranos, screw Shaw Bloody Digital Cable, I downloaded the complete series
  • Checked a few boxes from the crawl space -Nikkie, I found all your cookie jars, you'd better start baking
  • Listened to Paul Simon's Graceland - best of the best
  • Got rid of two craigslisted boxes of books
  • Emptied two bookcases and dragged them (or chased them) downstairs
  • Found tight shoes that fit now - I would never had thought I had fat feet - well, I guess I don't any more
  • Grazing all morning
  • Loved Clayton and Tanner's Happy Birthday song on the telephone
  • Really enjoyed fb greetings from friends and family near and far
  • Peed - more than once
  • Watched another episode of The Sopranos. My, I do have quite the life, don't I?
  • Knitted some more Christmas Stocking. Got the reindeer face all messed up, so also unknitted some Christmas stocking. 
  • Unhooked one VCR that wouldn't pick up any channels past 12 and hooked up one that would, so now at least if I know I would miss something on channel  28 I can tape it. Yes, I know I'm behind the times - now I am going to just stick George Jones in my 8 track player and wash my bobby socks...
  • Neil, Shannon, Tanner and Dom just visited for a couple of hours - took home another load of  "stuff."
  • Gonna have some pancakes for lunch - it's my birthday and I'll eat carbs if I want to (plus sugar and fat - my shoes probably won't fit tomorrow)
  • Shoot, Howard will be home in half an hour - my nap just flew out the window. Rats.
  • Doing absolutely nothing
  • Loved talking to my lovely sister via telephone, and sorry I missed my lovely sister-in-law's call
  • HOWARD TOOK ME OUT TO DINNER - and I had a Birthday Bounty Bar for dessert. Aren't I the lucky one?
  • Now I'm totally immersed in Coronation Street - happy happy day!
Since I used all these bullets for my day, we'll just list my flog: 
It went like this:
toast, coffee, grapes, granola bar, pancakes, diet pepsi, chef salad w/thousand islands dressing, garlic bread, bounty bar, potato salad
It doesn't look too bad written this way. But I will admit - I haven't been hungry all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment