Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Flog for September 28 + Yawn

Some evil phantom changed the timer on our coffee pot this morning - last night, whatever - so just after 3:30am the light sleeper lying on the adjacent pillow nudged me - bloody sharp elbow in the back, one of his favourite motions - to let me know the coffee was just about brewed.

So at 4 o'bloody clock I was up drinking coffee and eating toast, because if there's two things I hate more than drinking freshly dripped coffee at 4 in the morning,  they are drinking old stale coffee, and making new coffee twice a day. And then, because I was up so early, Howard decided there was time for someone nice to make a fried egg sandwich for his lunchbox, so as I slumped and swayed in front of the stove using an egg turner for balance, I didn't really appreciate his advice on how to fry an egg properly. He's lucky he didn't end up wearing the egg. Two eggs, actually.

After he went to work, I would have gone back to bed - or should I say mattress - only he already had the damn thing leaning against the wall in the living room, with the pillows and quilt neatly folded nearby. (The bed has been dismantled for a few days, just so there would be another empty bedroom for me to clean, and we've been camping out on the living room floor.) So - I watched 2 1/2 The Sopranos (although I can't for the life of me remember anything that happened), and I knitted some stocking, and I washed the walls in the upstairs hall. Not so much left to clean now, thank heavens! Although I am finding that the first stuff I did wash sort of kinda needs more washing again. Sometimes, one just can't win.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee at 4am, 2 scrambled eggs at 10am. 
  • Lunch - The last of the Chicken Soup thick with veggies - yummy
  • Dinner - Toasted Cheese Sandwich, Tomato
  • Snacks - Yogurt, Ginger Ale
It's a lot easier to not eat a whack of stuff when the cupboards are bare. I think we need a grocery run.

And FYI - proof that men design bus stop benches. This morning, 10 shivering degrees, cute skirt, bare legs - and a bloody metal bench. Enough said. Tomorrow may be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment