Monday, September 26, 2011

My Flog for September 25 + Who Needs Traffic Signals Anyway?

Missed a day. Between work, and moving, and  cleaning - I will be so glad when the next few months are over and we have a new place to make into a home. Meanwhile, we are filling up Steve's basement with boxes and furniture, and filling up his garage with tools and boat parts - we have decided to get a storage unit next weekend to put an end to some of the 'clutter.'

On the way home to Richmond yesterday morning at an ungodly hour, while it was still dark and the rain was sloshing out of the heavens, and I was half asleep in the passenger's seat wrapped in my jammies, Howard says, "I guess we passed Scott Road, although I didn't notice it. Guess the light was green."

Well, that certainly woke me up. I hope to hell the light was green. So for the rest of the trip I had to stay awake and be the red-light watcher.

  • Breakfast - Toast (French Bread Toast) and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken Gumbo Soup and 2 packs of crackers, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Beans and Toast - Maple Beans, not no-name crap
  • Snacks - Raspberry Muffin, teeny tiny little taste of Howard's apple pie, Hot Chocolate
I was going to make chicken soup yesterday morning, having brought the remains of two chickies home with us, but after we got back I realized I didn't have a pot big enough to cook soup in. They were all tucked safely away in Surrey. So Howard decided our small roaster was big enough, and once again, he was right, but just barely. So this morning, before I go to work, I get to do the finishing touches to turn my chicken stock into soup, and wash the walls in our bedroom.  Plus of course finish watching The Soprano episode I started on Friday morning...so better go and get that started!

No comments:

Post a Comment