Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Flog for September 17 + Hypochondriac? Not Me...

Another early start, even if was Saturday and my last day off. It was raining all morning, and since a lot of boxes to be moved today were my treasures (knit and writing magazines & books, records, and such), it was very important (to me) that not one little tiny raindrop fall on them, so the big blue truck didn't get a ride to Surrey. Instead, Steve came over in his little gray car, and you'd be surprised how much he fit into that vehicle.

It reminded me of the time I bought a big old wooden glider chair from the thrift store, and he drove up in his Pony to bring it home. It was certainly very difficult to get it to fit. The trunk was way too small, so he had to wedge it into the back seat, which he did do successfully. He'll be thankful that when that same chair goes to his house, it will travel in the back of the big blue truck. It has become Howard's chair for sitting while he smokes his cigars, drinks his beer, and watches life go by.

Today I think I found the reason I've been feeling so crappy for the past few months. I'm in a sort of difficult position for working - I find it very difficult to squat or kneel, because of my knee, so I've been bending down a lot to do stuff. However, whenever I bow my head down, I get instant headache, and when I stand up, I get dizzy. When I complai...told Howard what was happening, he said that used to happen to him when he took his blood pressure pills - the same ones I take now, Ramipril. So I did some online research, and TADA - I have more than half the symptoms that tell you to go see the doctor immediately - if you have even one of them. So guess who's never taking these pills again. Moi.

  • Breakfast - Whole Grain Toast (as usual) w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Salad (baby romaine, tomato, red pepper, celery & cheddar cheese w/ Thousand Islands Dressing, 3 Breton crackers
  • Dinner - 2 slices of Howard's Everything Special Pizza with the ham, salami, pepperoni and olives scraped off, 2 forks of the same salad as lunch, except I put Coleslaw Dressing on by mistake, which meant I had to wash it off and put the TI Dressing on instead, and then I ate the rest of it
  • Snacks - Banana, Yogurt, Raisins, Diet Pepsi, and I gorged myself on Maltesers, eating the rest of the bag - probably 10 -15, I wasn't counting, but it wasn't a huge bag and this was the third day it was hiding (not too successfully, I'm afraid,) in the cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment