Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Flog for September 18 + Feeling Groovy, and Digital Blues

Sooooo - feeling better today, no thumping, fluttering, pitter-pattering heart, no headaches (only the two-legged ones that come to suck one dry during a busy busy busy day at work), no dizziness. Good. However, now I'm worried that these pills were the ones that were helping me lose weight. What if they shrank my appetite? Turned me off carbs? What if, Heaven Forbid, they completely turned off my metabolism, and that's what's been keeping the scale so unadventurous lately? What if, now that I've stopped taking them, I once again blow up like a balloon, the week after I took all my too-big clothes to Value Village, and I'll have to go to work dressed in 10-year old Lycra Bicycle shorts and a one-size-fits-all T-shirt/nightshirt?

Let's just shake that image from our brains.
  • Breakfast - Cheerios and Coffee
  • Lunch - Cauliflower/Veggie Soup, half a Veggie Sandwich - lunch with my friend Ria at Steveston Bakery, nice.
  • Dinner - A&W with my hubby. The only coupon we had that he would consider was 2 Poppa Burgers, 2 Fries, and 2 Drinks for 9.99. So I had me a Poppa Burger - but I transferred one of the meat patties onto Howard's Poppa Burger, so he absorbed half my fat and grease grams. I ate barely half the fries - they were very cold, and I drank not much of the crappy fountain soda. But that was over 2 hours ago, and I'm not hungry yet!
  • Snacks - Yogurt, Banana, 5 Strawberries, Diet Pepsi
And to top off my day, I just spent about an hour figuring out how to hook up a digital receiver to my TV, since our cable provider went digital. However, after attaching the bloody coax cables to each of the outlets several times before I lucked onto the right combination (my usual routine, no matter what I'm hooking up), I find out that I still can't get higher than channel 28. Seems Shaw doesn't only want you to have a digital box, they want you to pay extra to use it. (Nasty bad words here.) However, we are moving in less that 2 weeks. I'm not going to go to the trouble of upgrading my cable for just a few days. I can still get Coronation Street, so I don't give much of a ....

No comments:

Post a Comment