Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Flog for September 6 + Memories and a Cool Car

Strange how memories are popping up no matter what I do. September is always a bit strange for me, as I always remember the first day of school, the very first one, where the teachers re-unite after the summer break. Seeing friends one hasn't seen for two months, and meeting new friends-to-be, always something to look forward to. And seeing all the bright faces waiting in my oh-so-ready classroom, not knowing what the next ten months would bring, but hoping they would be full of wonder and amazement.

And here I am, packing my kitchen cupboards, or at least the contents of them. 'Stuff' is dusty. Howard says not to bother washing it before I pack. I always do as he says. At least when it suits me. And here is my collection of Christmas mugs, which includes my sloping Slanta Claus mug from my next-door-teacher, Rod, to whom I am forever grateful for the use of his lovely little Prelude.

I don't think I was actually supposed to buzz around town in this car, but just to transport it safely to his apartment just a few metres away from the school, while he spent the weekend doing God-knows-What in his hometown. However, after driving it down the hill, I felt compelled to drive it all the way home to Trinity, and from then on, I found it hard to stop. Lovely little car, when one was used to a little Ford Ranger pick-up.

I did write him a poem regarding his car, but unfortunately I seem to have lost it along the way. I must say it was one of my better efforts, even if it was a pack of lies. Maybe I'll come across it again some day.

So I can justify packing this mug, as it travelled many miles across Canada to hold my coffee during the festive season. However, I don't know why I'm packing the cutesy Christmas mugs I picked up for 50 cents each at the Thrift Stores. I really have to be strong and re-thrift these. Less is more.

  • Breakfast - Toast w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Subway Veggie Salad
  • Dinner - Tossed Salad w/ Thousand Islands Dressing and  2 1/2  BBQed wieners. I don't know why Howard left half a wiener on his plate, but I ate it anyway. He usually eats all of everything on his plate. Come to think of it - maybe I should have checked to make sure he didn't drop it on the ground, or the cat didn't jump up and taste it. 
  • Snacks - Iced Mocha, Yogurt w/Fruit on the Bottom, Peach, Diet Pepsi
I think I'm getting back on track. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment