Monday, July 18, 2011

My Flog for July 17 (aka know as My Calorie Infested Day of Shame)

Okay, yesterday was such a busy day I didn't take the time to write my flog. Also I didn't really want to, as I experienced taste sensations that were just distant memories. We left early in the morning to raid the Superstore on the way to Surrey, as Chris's birthday was the previous day and we both had to work. This time in the back seat of the truck, there was a Blower (garden equipment) for Steve (Thanks, Pauline. He loves it.), my guitar (he sent me a heartfelt request, how could I deny him?), my Rat Tail Cactus that, like the cake, got left out in the rain....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHS8hj4TdT8&feature=fvsr

The cactus however, will have no chance of getting eaten, as it's very protective of itself. My mom bought this baby in a 4" inch pot from one of our grocery stores shortly after we moved here, so I've had it for about 15-16 years, and would hate to see it die. I think my horticultury enthusiastic son will be able to bring it back to its former glory, and he does have a wife with the ability to retrieve the little hairy stabbers that love to embed themselves in flesh.

However...as far as my busy day, Nikkie and I took the kiddies to Surrey's Fusion Festival, which was a lot of fun - except for the mud which sloshed up the sides of ones sandals and squished between ones toes. It had rained torrentially the day before (hence the cactus tail of woe.) The kids had fun but got a bit tired and cranky toward the end, so we left a bit earlier than if we had been there by ourselves. So the plan next year is to go childless one day, and childful the next day. After dinner, we walked to Walmart, and that about did me in, that made a total of about five miles, I would think.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - I bought Chris and Lizzie ice-cream, Lizzie wanted pink ice-cream but the closest they had was Mango, so I got that for her and she didn't like it, so I got her a Chocolate one like her brother had, and ate the Mango one myself. I had no choice.
  • Dinner - A little bit of steak, two lovely new potatoes, and broccoli. We bought the potatoes at the festival market, but I only carried them less than halfway home - then I kicked Lizzie out of her stroller and made her walk, as the potatoes (and broccoli) were getting heavier with every step and they couldn't walk.
  • Snacks - (as I hide my face in shame) - more than a few gummy worms, small fries from Dairy Queen, two Chocolate Chip cookies, piece of Chris's birthday cake, lemonade, one potato chip, which proves you can actually stop at one if they are salt and vinegar kettle chips...and I honestly think that was it, although I wouldn't get this flog notarized. The drizzly rainy evening prevented an outdoor fire, so at least that saved me from the temptation of more 'Smores.

No comments:

Post a Comment