Friday, July 29, 2011

My Flog for July 29

Well, I'll do anything to avoid housework, I guess. I left my ultra-messy spaces and bussed to Steveston to pick up my cheque, visit with the crew for a few minutes, do the bank, the thrift stores and the Subway things, then back home again. Now I have my second load of laundry in the dryer, although I should have hung it out on the line - however, I think I have a good excuse for that as we're heading out to Surrey after Howard gets off work, and I wanted to make sure the clothes were all dry and folded before we went.

Even though it's supposed to be (well, I guess it actually is) a Holiday Weekend, I myself am going to be so busy I will be glad when it's over - well, except for Monday, which will be a day off. Howard doesn't know it yet, but He and I are going day-tripping on Monday, and we WILL bring the camera and we WILL have fun, whether he wants to or not. I will promise not to force him into any Yarn Stores though.

Tomorrow and Sunday I have 8 o'clock in the morning starts, pre-inventoring and actual inventory at the store. Tomorrow Pauline and I are going early to try and get as much yarn counted before the store opens and mad yarn buyers infiltrate. Then after we get the open stock done, we have to count the thousands of ball of yarn stowed in the back storage area. Not kidding, either. If an earthquake happens when we are back there counting, we'll probably never be found. (Reminder to self: Bring a water bottle. And a Mr. Big bar. Two, so I won't have to share.)

Do you realize how long it's been since I've had a Mr. Big bar? Oh well. After spending all month up 2 pounds every alternate day and down 2 pounds every other day, I think I'm breaking out of that plateau-ing sensation. Eat less, move more. I must remember that.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Subway - Italian Wedding soup with 2 packs of crackers (little soup serving packs, not big ones with 4 sleeves of crackers inside), and Yogurt w/Fruit
  • Dinner - A&W Mozza Burger and Green Salad - there's nothing like looking up the nutrition numbers for A&W to put you off ever eating another Mozza Burger again, and the Green Salad was more Orange than Green due to the abundance of Carrots. Even if it were dark when we walked home, I would have had no trouble seeing the sidewalk. But that Mozza Burger? It was soooo good! http://www.aw.ca/publicinfo.nsf/nutritionalfacts2 ...actually, it was soooo bad. Too bad.
  • Snacks - Banana, Peach, Diet Pepsi
Well, guess I'm not the Boss after all. Howard has decided not to go to Surrey tonight, so we get to sleep in our own bed again tonight. And I'm not very confident about a Monday adventure. Things could be all downhill from here.....oh oh.

That's all. Goodnight to all - especially Elaine, assuming you're not drunk on the Beer Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment