Friday, July 8, 2011

My Flog for July 8 + My Crappy Job

It's the end of a very busy day, too many customers wanting too much customer service from poor little old me. Like the woman who rang the "Ring For Service" bell three times in a row while I was cutting fabric for another customer, even though I let her know I was busy and would be with her at the last snip. Or the woman who wanted me to show her how to knit the new fancy scarves, only to realize she didn't have a clue about knitting and wanted me to teach her that too. Or the woman who came in five minutes before closing and wanted a pattern she could use for some yarn she had bought probably about twenty years ago, a heavy squeaky cheap acrylic that I would never never use for a garment. I guess I shouldn't have told her that. The yarn was so old it didn't even have a tension chart on the label, so I sent her home with two different tensions to try, and then we could help get a pattern.

I found out that the gal who's working Sundays through Tuesdays while Chris in on holiday basically spends her time doing very little, usually just crocheting her own stuff at the counter; unfortunately, her attitude is "I'm not doing any of that, Tamar can do it when she comes back.." So when I went in first thing on Wednesday, I had all the restocking to do, plus picking knitting patterns and DMC thread off the floor from the previous days. and then I was blessed with 14 boxes of yarn to put away. I think it may be time to blow the dust of my resume again.
  • Breakfast - Toast and coffee
  • Lunch - Sandwich - whole grain bread w/left over veggie omelet and mayo - really good! plus a yogurt, cranberry juice
  • Dinner - pork chop, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus - neither vampires nor Howard will come near me in the near future, since I found the lucky garlic clove that missed the blender but got chewed up and swallowed nevertheless.
  • Snacks - Banana, Three Musketeer bar (just a small one! I work hard, I need a treat every now and then, right?) - and as we speak - Howard is coming home from the corner store with a Pineapple Screamer (soft serve and pineapple slushee stuff) and that same Screamer has my name on it. Looks like my 1 1/2 lb recurring fat friend is going to get a buddy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment