Monday, July 25, 2011

My Flog for July 24 + A Wonderful Visit

Okay, I know I'm running a day late, but that is what happens when one has a busy life, I guess. My biggest problem yesterday was keeping Howard home so he wouldn't miss the surprise arrival of his sister, Bonnie - for once, he wanted to go everywhere you could imagine on a beautiful sunny Sunday. The bank, Canadian Tire, Zellers...even Home Depot. And not knowing when the car with only one (imagine that, one) licence plate would roll into the driveway, it was very difficult to keep him happy and home at the same time. For once I didn't want to go shopping - I don't know how I pulled that one off. However, we got back in plenty of time for his to witness the event, and I know he had the greatest of days with his little sister and her fiance.

His first words when he saw her get out of the car - "Hey, we have company - but I guess you already knew she was coming..." Can't fool this man even part of the time.

Anyway, we had such a great day, talking, reminiscing, having a couple of beer (hahahahahahaha), a very delicious bbq chicken & salad dinner (thanks, Shannon - the asparagus was delish) and then later, a fire, stars, and S'mores. Anyway, if I forget anything on my flog, I'm sure you will understand - it won't be intentional.
  • Breakfast - Toast and coffee
  • Lunch - Nothing
  • Dinner - BBQ chicken breast (well, half of one), potato salad (which was my creation), green salad, asparagus
  • Snacks - Just to clarify this - the Snacks part of my Flog is a list of snacks from during the day, and encompasses a huge amount of hours from about five-thirty AM to bedtime. Not what some people may think, that it's a list of food I gorge on after dinner. Not at all. However - here we go - Licorice Stick, Banana, a few (too many) crackers and cheese, one (and only one) S'more, and a few cherries. I'm pretty sure that's all. And in case you're wondering, I had no beer. I don't drink beer. Or vodka. Or wine.
And just so you all know - even though I ate a Blueberry Fritter and a Timbit the day before yesterday, it was okay since Nikkie and I walked about a mile and a half to get them. Plus they have more stairs at their house than we do here. So that was okay. To eat the Fritter, I mean. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment