Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Flog for July 26 + My favourite recipe for Bean Salad

Well, back to work today, how easy was that - four little small hours and mostly cashiering. Knee's not too bad, and I'm not too overly tired, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding the energy to walk to IGA to buy cat food. My cat is very happy about that.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Yogurt w/Fruit, Banana
  • Dinner - Pork Chops w/Onion Soup Mix Roasted Potatoes, Bean Salad...now this is IGA Bean Salad, and unfortunately, it's not as good as my back-home recipe, which now I have to make. Well, not right now, this minute, but in the near future when I find the recipe and buy the ingredients. Try it. It's super delicious.
  • Snacks - Cranberry Juice, cherries, Diet Pepsi
BEAN SALAD

COMBINE:
1/2 CUP OIL
1/2 TSP PEPPER
1 TSP SALT
2/3 CUP VINEGAR
3/4 CUP WHITE SUGAR

ADD:
1 CAN YELLOW STRING BEANS
1 CAN GREEN STRING BEANS
1 CAN KIDNEY BEANS, DRAINED AND RINSED
1 GREEN PEPPER, CHOPPED
1 ONION, CHOPPED FINELY

MIX THOROUGHLY. MARINATE FOR 24 HOURS, TOSSING OCCASIONALLY.

Note: The recipe calls for SALAD OIL. No idea what that is. I'm pretty sure I just used ordinary oil from my kitchen cupboard, that probably being vegetable oil, as I don't remember having Canola Oil back then. Let me know if you have any better suggestions. I thought of using Olive Oil but that may have too strong a flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment