Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Flog for November 12 + A Good Way To Screw Up a Day Off

Today, this Saturday, was one of my 4 wonderful day offs, and I had to go to work. Not only work, but open and close, meaning I had to be at the store by 9:15 at the latest (that's when I start getting paid.) Since I was a bit late crawling out of bed, I only had time to shower, dress, and pour coffee into a travel mug to take with me. Steve drove me to the SkyTrain station, and when I walked up to the doors, I discovered, along with several other people, that the gates were locked. Oh oh. Turns out the SkyTrains were not running anywhere on the line between Surrey and Vancouver - probably due to wind damage the night before - at least that's what one commuter suggested.

Quick emergency phone call to Steve, and he comes to pick me up, and Howard gives me a ride to work. Nice start to the  day, even if I did get to work before 8 am. I usually do anyway, on weekday mornings when I transit my way to Steveston - gotta be early in case there's a hang-up or delay somewhere! By then, my tummy was starting to wonder where its morning toast was, so I gave it an extra special treat from McDonalds. My tummy was very happy.

After I opened the store, it was KaBoom! I don't think I've ever had a busier morning, and was thankful there was a second person coming in at 11. However, this second person didn't wander in until 12 - when I'd already brought in an average day's sales. Needless to say, it was a long and busy day, and I'm heading off to bed when I finish writing this.

  • Breakfast - Coffee, and Sausage & Egg McMuffin
  • Lunch - Spinach Salad (doesn't sound delicious, but it really really was), yogurt
  • Dinner - 2 scrambled eggs and half a roll
  • Snacks - Butterscotch Pudding, Granola Bar, Banana, and the usual little thingies I won't mention.
Just to dwell on the usual little thingies I didn't mention, I have actually lost 1 1/2 pounds in the past week and a half, so I am not too worried about a couple of little thingies any more. I am definitely walking more on my day offs, so I guess one thing is balancing the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment