Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Flog for November 13 + Patience is a Virtue

It was another amazingly busy day at work, kept running around in circles for the six long hours the store is open on Sunday. If I had a nickel for every time I had to demo a ruffle yarn, I would be bloody rich and less likely to scream at the next request. If I had a penny for every time a customer sees the French Knitting Bees (aka corking, spool knitting....) and says, "I used to do that when I was little, only we used a spool with nails in....." - I can't type it, if I even think it I am liable to jump off a bridge. If the customers who tell me how patient I am could see my shadow, they would hightail it out the door faster than a speeding SkyTrain.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with Mad Magazine, The Shadow Knows was (or is still? I don't know) a brilliant cartoon where you would see the person involved in an everyday activity, and show his shadow doing what he was really thinking. For example, he could be serving tea to his poor old domineering mother, but his shadow would be choking the life out of her.)

My shadow would probably be holding a machete.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Hearty Vegetable Soup - from Steveston Bakery - it was hearty, and a bit spicy, and it made my innards warm and my nose run, and a roll
  • Dinner - Ribs, Boiled Potato, Macaroni Salad and Stuffing - sounds like a hearty meal, doesn't it? I only had 1 rib and half a potato and a small serving of salad and stuffing...
  • Snacks - Vanilla Latte, SanPelligrino (orange sparkling water), Yogurt. and a Witch's Broom
I am posting this now, even though there is no guarantee I have stopped eating for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment