Monday, November 21, 2011

My Flog for November 21

I have a beef today. A pet peeve.

Imagine this: a line up at the bank. Someone is waiting rather impatiently for an ATM machine, as she only has a little break, but still needs to deposit her check, because if she doesn't the car loan people will be unhappy - and if they are unhappy they have the power to make her unhappy too. There are two people ahead of her, and a mommy, daddy and toddler using the ATM.

"Mommy mommy, can I press the button?"
"Of course, you can, honey, here...."
"No no not that one..."
So now they have to start all over again.

"Can I do the next one mommy?|
"Yes, sweetie, press this one....NO NO NO not that one....."
So of course they have to start again once more.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think a 3 year old should be doing banking for their parents? Shouldn't they be colouring on the walls of the bank, or turning around making faces at the person next in line, or something, instead? It's the same at the store where I work, the number of kidlets who get 'sat' on the counter in order to press the green okay button on the credit/debit terminal is amazing, and every time one of them yanks the credit or debit card out prematurely, I feel like slapping their parents' hands.

And of course this reminds me of the number of small cute doggies that also get 'sat' on the counter while their moms pay for purchases. Really. I love the doggies....but I know what part of their anatomy they sit on, and they don't usually wear panties or diapers to cover those regions.

I guess I have two pet peeves.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Brunch - Scrambled Eggs and Pancakes and Coffee  (McDonalds' Breakfast - I've got to stop doing this. I eat so early, then 4 hours after I get up,I am in Steveston, freezing cold with the need to eat comfort food.)
  • Lunch - Soup and a Roll
  • Dinner - Left over Pork and Left over Potato Salad, 1 slice of bread
  • Snacks - Gingerbread Latte, Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment