Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Flog for November 9 + I Would Walk a Thousand Miles - Not Really

My tug-along grocery buggy and I walked to the bank this morning, and to the grocery store, and to Shopper's Drug Mart, and to the New Amsterdam Bakery. Unfortunately, they were not lined up together, which resulted in my walking a whack of a way in one direction, then up aways, then back in the other direction, then down and across and over to get back home. All uphill - I know that doesn't make much sense, but would I lie? I think not.

I was really pleased on the latter half of the walk to finally see a downhill - and if there hadn't been the concern I would break my dozen eggs I would have sat on my grocery buggy and let it carry me down that hill. I'm pretty sure my new improved butt would fit, and if I straddled the buggy with the handle between my knees, I could have held on to that handle to keep my balance. I would have just had to keep my feet away from the wheels, and I'm pretty sure I could have managed quite well. But I didn't want to chance breaking the eggs.

If I had known what was coming up, I wouldn't have been so joyful about the downhill part anyway - yes, there was another uphill, much more upper than the downhill part was downer.
I know, it doesn't look nearly as much uphill as it did in real life...

My knee (you haven't heard from my knee in a long time, have you, now? Because it's been pretty good...until now...) sent a "WTF" message up to my brain, and that's when I realized maybe I had planned a tad too long an outing. Anyhow, Howard finally starting walking to meet me, and he rescued my buggy, which he had to drag through thousands of beautiful fallen leaves a few metres away from our home - note: another uphill.


  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Egg w/Green Onion and Tomato in a Wrap, a Tapioca Pudding, and 2 Hallowe'en molasses candy
  • Dinner - Chicken Leg, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and Broccoli - it all tasted the same...just ate a bit of each, but felt stuffed to the gills regardless
  • Snacks - PopChips (not fried or baked - 100 calories and 3 grams of fat per bag...and delish to boot!), a few more candy - after walking 100 miles uphill, I'm not counting.
I'm going to need some extra resolve - I'm trying not to feed this horrible head cold I woke up with - sneezy, runny nosed, sore throated, headachey monster (and I don't mean Howard either, so don't even think it...) but it means that I'm gonna want to eat everything in sight, and there's quite a lot of stuff in sight (and out of sight, but not out of mind), so the next few days could be TROUBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment