Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Flog for November 20 + Why Alcohol is Not My Friend

  • Breakfast - 1 Bacon, 1 Egg, Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Rice and Pepper Steak, frozen leftovers from a meal a while ago. Frozen and microwaved = yucky. Butterscotch Pudding
  • Dinner - Howard and Steve cooked Roast Pork and Veggies (I know Steve helped as he made the gravy.) So I had a 'cooked dinner,' which resulted in tons of pots and stuff to wash up. (Thank you, Steve, for helping out!) And for those of you who don't know what a 'cooked dinner' is - it's roast meat of some kind, with potatoes, carrots, turnip and cabbage, and of course, gravy - the veggies are usually cooked all together in a big pot with Salt Beef, but for some reason Howard didn't do that, even though he has a tub of Salt Beef in the cupboard. He probably forgot he had it, either that or he couldn't find it. Who knows. But now everyone knows what a cooked dinner is. Although at home one would usually have it for dinner as in lunch, while today we had it for supper, which we call dinner now we are living on the west coast. Hopefully this makes everything clear for everyone.
Excuse the cat for taking a shortcut from the bed to his food dish, by way off the printer and my laptop...
    • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Yogurt, a few candy (of course, it's a long way from gone yet), and a Malibu and Orange Juice - or what was left of it. See below.
    Anyway. Since the Tylenol pills didn't work to erase the weird headache I had today, I figured I'd have some alcohol to see if that would ease the pain. I dug out my Braun Hand Blender, added broken up ice cubes to the 'jar' thingie, and poured in some orange juice and Malibu. Turn on the blender, and immediately half the coconut rum/OJ mixture went fountaining all over the place - the counter, my feet, and everything in between. Nikkie to the rescue with paper towels and her Magic Bullet - I think I left out milk. One Christmas way way back when, I got a Braun Hand Blender for Christmas, and I whipped up Malibu drinks that kept my visitors and me buzzed all over the holidays, but it obviously wasn't what I made (or tried to make) tonight. I think there was milk in it too. If anyone knows - and I know some of you would definitely know, not that I would ever call you boozers -  please refresh my memory! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment