Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Flog for November 6

Well, here we are, finally, at Daylight Savings Time, when we taketh a daylight hour from the afternoon and giveth it to the morning. The extra hour in the morning is great, it's really not so hard to crawl out of bed at the new 7am, but at 11:45am, your tummy is asking where the heck is lunch, and at 4:05 your body is asking you why the hell aren't you on the way to the bus stop - and, well, that's not so great at all. And now, at the new 8:45pm, when it seems there's still a nice long night ahead - all your head wants to do is hit that pillow and disappear in a nice soft pile of blankies.

Work was crazy today, more aliens have definitely landed and most of them want to learn to knit the new ruffle-craze scarves. Way too busy day for two old 'ladies.' At the end of her shift, Pauline said, "Well, see you tomorrow, same time, same place," and I replied, "Yeah, same Bat Time....I mean, same Old Bat Time, same Old Bat Channel." I don't think she got it.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup and Roll, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Chicken 'n' Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Boiled Carrot
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, One Hallowe'en Caramel Treat (two lousy little squares of chocolate), and a few grapes.
Even though I bought 9 of the most delicious muffins in the world, I ate none of them. What's left are either in the freezer or in Howard's lunch box for tomorrow. And today I bought 2 of the most delicious Carrot Cake Squares in the world, and they are in Steve's lunch for tomorrow. I was going to actually eat one of them, but after I ate my soup and roll and yogurt, I didn't have the want for them any more. Thank you, soup and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment