Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Flog for November 15 + A Series of Unexpected Events...

Well, all my Facebook friends know how exciting my day started off - it all came about through a chain of events starting with our leaving a few minutes later than usual for the SkyTrain. It may be because it was Garbage Day and we took out the bin, who knows.

I was all set to get to work at quarter to eight, as usual, and hoped to get a whack of stuff done before I opened the store. Chris (our manager) was due back around noon, and I wanted to make sure the pricing/stocking was done and the shelves were tidy - all the usual stuff. I did have to wait a bit longer for the SkyTrain, though, and also had to wait longer for the bus that takes me to Steveston, so when 7:45 rolled around, we were still stopped at the Richmond Centre, about 20 minutes ride away from my destination.

Now, there are two different routes the buses take on the way to Chatham Street in Steveston. One is sort of direct, just roll right into the bus stop, and the other entails getting almost to that bus stop, then swinging up half a mile, across about half a mile, then swinging back down half a mile, and rolling into the bus stop on the other side of the street. So as we headed for Chatham, I decided if the bus went directly to the bus stop, I would go directly to work, but if it swung around and did the detour (that takes it past McDonald's) I would get off there and get an Egg McMuffin and a Coffee.

So, to make a long story even longer, the bus did the swing around, I got off at McDonald's, got an Egg McMuffin and a coffee, and was walking up Moncton Street to the store when......well, you know the rest.

Mr Gold (aka Rumpelstiltskin) from Once Upon a Time is really Robert Carlyle, who you may remember from The Full Monty. However this time he wasn't hiding behind a hat....

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Brunch - Egg McMuffin and Coffee
  • Lunch - Bacon and Bean Soup - yes, my own, from several weeks ago, but don't worry, it wasn't moldy - I froze some of it for lunches!
  • Dinner - The crust from half of Lizzie's Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a bowl of Cheerios
  • Snacks - Pudding Cup, Iced Mocha, a few candy....that's all she ate, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment