Monday, November 14, 2011

My Flog for November 14 + I Can't Please Some of the People Some of the Time

First customer this morning, wanting to know if she could come in five minutes before I opened- sure thing. Didn't want to buy anything though - I was surprised she didn't want to return something. I have grown used to people waiting for the store to open, and I take pity on them and let them in early, only for them to present a big bag of somethings they want to return. However, this particular lady (?) wanted someone to sew up a knitted sweater for her, and I told her everyone was too busy to do it until after Christmas, causing her to become a bit upset with me. Really.

 So then she wanted me to help her with a pattern, but she never had her knitting with her, so I did what I could and explained I couldn't go any farther unless I actually knitted the pattern myself to see if it did indeed work. Then she got quite miffed because I told her I didn't have time to do it right away, while she was there. I asked her if she could come back with her knitting, and she left, saying she wasn't going to come back here again. I called out to her, and said, "I'm sure you appreciate my letting you in before the store was open..." but she already had her car door shut and her hubby was pulling out of the parking space...so I just continued with ...."you old bat."

We pride ourselves on our customer service skills.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Croissant (thank you, Pauline, it was very yummy), Spinach Salad, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Chicken Breast and Perogies - Delicious, Nikkie, thank you - it was nice to come home to another cooked meal. (Hopefully now you'll do the dishes...)
  • Snacks - Orange Pop, Iced Mocha, Muffin and two chocolate treats - little ones...really little
6:15 am - SkyTrain
6:45 am - Bus
7:45 am - Start mucking around boxes of yarn, and pricing left over orders from yesterday
9:23 am - Let the old Mrs in the store
9:30 am - 12:30 pm - Work work work
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm to 5:33 pm - Work work work
5:46 pm - 6:45pm - Bus
6:50 pm - 7:15 pm - Sky Train
7: 30 pm - Home!

...and all set for a repeat performance tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, which will hopefully start in 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment