Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Flog for November 23

My friend Marina kidnapped me from Neil and Shannon's this morning, and we went on another adventure. The first stop was a bakery with the most delicious looking goods on the face of this earth, then a yarn store in White Rock called Knitopia - a tiny little narrow store whose owner left us in charge while she went back to her van to get inventory. Marina told her we were on a yarn store crawl... and I said, Yeah, because the pubs aren't open yet - and for the first time in so many years, I almost made her spout her mouthful of coffee. Brought back many fine memories of carefully placed comments that caused  people to lose their beverages.

We hit Two Bakeries, Two Yarn Stores, Three Thrift Stores, and One Book Store, then headed to Marina's mom's house for a pee and coffee and biscuits, in that order. All together a lovely day out!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - I really will try to write it here - let's see - cos I can't say it, and am really not sure how to spell it - Mullysomething or other soup - oh heck - hang on til I Google it... Mulligatawny Soup, which was actually very nice. I thought it was a British soup, but according to Google it's more of an Indian soup, not the bows and arrows and feathers in their hair Indians, but the curry type. Also a very delicious sandwich, turkey, bacon, cheese and lettuce, and of course bakery baked bread. Yum. And coffee
  • Dinner - Goulash with lots of cheese, bakery fresh baked delicious bread, and also a slice of the best ever bread I've ever eaten, from a wonderful bakery in White Rock - Cinnamon Apple Bread, and if I wasn't keeping an honest track of my food in this stupid blog I would probable have eaten the whole loaf....
  • Snacks - Coffee and Biscuits (only 2) at my friend's mom's house, two bites of a wonderfully tasty delicious coconut cake from above bakery, and that's it. I guess that's enough. The cookies I bought there are upstairs - I don't know how long they will be safe. Also a diet pop.                                                                    ...and I did forget, but I'm back now to own up to it - a pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment