Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Flog for November 30 + A New Story, For Those Of You Who Miss My Stories...

Oh joy, oh joy, what a wonderful day! I had a wonderful night's sleep - neither purry clawing cat nor snoring elbow-in-the-back husband woke me up between the hours of dusk and dawn, and I happily bounced out of bed smiling and humming The Dutchman, with visions of Keith Harkin singing, of course. My fluffy slippers and soft bathrobe, heated from the warm air whispering from the heating vent, wrapped me in a cozy cuddle.

The smell of coffee lured me upstairs, where bacon was sputtering and eggs were scrambling on the stove. Buttery toast was sprawled on my plate, and the coffee in my mug was just as I wished it.

The whole house was sparkling and tidy, in its pre-Christmas glory. The undecorated tree in the living room sparkled with its fairy lights, and the sun shining in the windows put a glow on everything. Even the little Christmas Cacti we had rescued last summer were pink with blossoms, and the whole day just lay in front of me like an unwrapped gift.

Because we both got paid today, I planned to spend the whole day shopping ...... okay, I know by now you're wondering what the hell is going on ... the above is indeed a work of fiction, but one can only dream, right?
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee (made by me for me)
  • Lunch - Bean and Bacon Soup - I found it in the bottom of the freezer while searching for tonight's dinner, so I thought I'd put it to good use, 1 slice of bread and butter
  • Dinner - Roast Beast (didn't really know what animal it came from, as it was a bit freezer burned, I believe, but I had faith in my cooking, onions, and Lipton's Onion Soup Mix.) It turned out to be roast beef, a wee bit tough but delish anyway, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy.
  • Snacks - Diet Pepsi, Grape Pop (Yes, I know you're wondering - it was in the fridge and I was thirsty...), 4 candies, and a cookie.
So - what did I really do? Dragged myself upstairs, put on coffee and made toast, got the kids cereal for breakfast, then did a major overhaul of the kitchen, two loads of laundry, and cooked dinner. Looking forward to tomorrow, when I have to bus to Steveston to pick up my check (NOT - what I am looking for is a reason not to have to do it at all. Nine hours of bus a week is plenty enough for me, thank ya.)
    Plus tomorrow is a New Number Day and I'm not very optimistic about that.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment