Friday, February 10, 2012

My Flog for February 10 + Recipes for Pulled Pork and Terrific Coleslaw Dressing

My surprise for Howard's dinner didn't work out exactly had I planned it, as he decided to stay home from work today, so he spent all day smelling it cooking (which wasn't a bad thing, as it actually smelled really good.) I emailed Steve the following menu, and he called me to tell my how upset he was that he had to work all day with dinner on his mind -


Entree:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Fresh Kaiser Buns - slow cooked pork, spice rubbed and simmered in a rich BBQ sauce
Oven Baked Irish Nachos - fries topped with grated cheese, tomato chunks, and green onions
Pineapple Coleslaw - finely chopped cabbage and grated carrot, with crushed pineapple, green onions, and home made dressing

Dessert: Warm Blueberry Cottage Pudding with Brown Sugar Sauce

Drool all day and come home hungry!
Love
mom

My only worry was that Howard would complain about wasting a fine piece of pork by shredding it for sandwiches. But I had that taken care off. If he complained, I would give his share to the cat. As well as that, though, there was the fear that an unknown recipe just wouldn't work out the way it was supposed to, and the cat would end up with it anyway. Then we would order pizza.

Today was a pretty productive day, even though I didn't walk a hundred miles (or 72 steps) like I did yesterday. I did 1 1/2 laundries, made sugar cookie dough for the kids Valentine Day cookies for school, made a gingerbread cake for DH and whoever else wants any, and there's a pineapple cake in the oven right now, hopefully baking, plus the rest of the stuff on the menu. Add on a bit of dishes, a bit of tidying, and a bit of knitting - and now I'm sitting and tapping and almost fall-asleeping.
Far from bedtime though.

Now, one may think that all this baking is playing havoc with my diet, and one would be right. Even with all the walking I've been doing, I haven't lost not one single pound this month - and there is still half a lemon pie left, so you know I haven't eaten it all. Yet. I have 19 more days to go. Once again my big mouth (tapping fingers?) will have gotten me into trouble.

And the dinner turned out great, so much so that I am posting the recipe for the pulled pork and the coleslaw dressing, as one should share great things with Great People. (I'm assuming if you're reading my Flog, you're a Great Person. To prove the greatness of dinner, Steve is flat on his bed unable to move, he figures for the rest of the night. And Howard never had one complaint at all. Which is the same as a hundred compliments.

http://tamarlosesit.blogspot.com/p/pulled-pork-sandwiches-and-coleslaw.html
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - 1 slice of French Toast, an Orange
  • Dinner - half a Pulled Pork sandwich, Coleslaw, Cheesy Fries, and a SMALL piece of Blueberry Pudding with a SMALL bit of Sauce
  • Snacks - Cranberry Juice, Yogurt
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to eat anything else tonight, so I can safely post this now. Burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment