Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Flog for February 2 -

I so wanted to be a groundhog today and crawl back into bed after breakfast, but I didn't. When Howard gets up and leaves that bloody lamp on, which is usually directed to my face, it sort of takes the sleep right out of my eyes. Oh well, up at 5:30 (I did stay in bed about half an hour more, really really trying to get back to dreamland, but no luck, so I stayed up, watched Sanctuary and finished my little sweater.)
Doesn't it look good?


Got another huge walk in today, my buggy and I. First to the mall (Surrey Central)  to pick up an extra little present for our 10-year old grandson (something I hope he'll really like), then to a bench to finish taping up the box. I didn't realize Tuck Tape was so noisy when one was ripping it off the roll, and I guess the guy who was almost asleep in the bench behind me didn't enjoy it very much. Oh well, what can one do, when one has to rip, one has to rip. Right? Then to the Post Office (I never saw a Post Office in a Zellers before,) where I believe the Customer Service Representative (clerk?) wasn't very happy in his job. He still took my money and said he would start the package on its way to Manitoba, so hopefully he knows what he's doing. He was helping another person on the phone, tapping away at his computer at the same time, so as I said, I hope he knows what he's doing. For all I know he was talking to his girlfriend and playing Solitaire. After Zellers it was across the street (this time with a Walk Sign) to Price Smart, and another hundred pounds of groceries for my buggy. I don't know why I always buy heavy stuff, like veggies, fruit, and whole grain bread, when Angel Food Cake and white bread and Maltesers would be so much lighter to lug home.

Soup for supper. I must say, I make the best soup in the world now, since I learned how to make stock. However, I can't make it when Howard is home, because he can't believe I cook all these veggies with the bird carcass - carrots, onions, green onions, celery, mushrooms, plus whatever is wilting in the fridge and/or cupboard - and strain them out before I make the actual soup - I always have the fear I will forget to put a pot under the colander when I do this part. I can just see myself trying to make a feasible dinner out of mushy veggies and bones. However, he considers it a waste. I consider it a Wow! That Soup is Delicious moment. The actual soup takes more onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, plus frozen veggies, onion soup mix, tomatoes, and of course, chicken.

And I made an apple pie. It looks to be the most delicious Apple Pie (worthy of capitals) in the world, but I don't know how it turned out inside. Everyone was too full of soup and cheesy bread to have some.
Doesn't it look good?
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Scrambled Eggs with cheese - leftover from the kids' breakfast so don't know how many. Just a little, Cranberry Juice
  • Dinner - Soup and two pieces of Garlic Cheesy Bread
  • Snacks - Orange, Piece of Apple (which I stole from the Apple Pile for the pie, and which I almost choked on. Bloody Apples. Put the rest in a really hot oven, figured that would teach them a lesson.)
Now the last bitty is a request. Let me know who you are! Please! Either on Facebook, or email me at tamar_vokey@yahoo.com. Thanks. I promise I won't stalk you or send you spam.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamar,
    Just catching up on your flog! Hope all is well on the west coast. Becki

    ReplyDelete