Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Flog for February 22

It was a Good Morning, Morning, Hello Sunshine day today. Even though it was my first Day Off, I still got up at 5:15, had breakie, and did fun stuff, like watching Sanctuary and knitting, until the kids got up for school. Later in the morning, I walked to Pricesmart, and visited one of my favourite Surrey sites, Holland Park. Too pretty not to share.
These trees are so tall, it's amazing, really. There are a couple of high rise apartments on the other side of the park, and trees come more than halfway up.
Hey! Our first daffodils and crocusses - croci - whatever ...

There were 3 ducks in the fountain pool

guess the ducks don't know how to read

Oh look! It's the Sky Train! And I'm not on it! Yeah!

One of Holland Park's beautiful works of art 


  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup and Bread
  • Dinner - Beef Stew - I must say, I surprised myself by making crappy Beef Stew. My Beef Stew is usually the best. I know what happened, and I was pretty sure I could fix it so it would be perfect. For example, I made sure the turnip (rutabaga on the west coast) and carrots were cooked. And I made sure I thickened the gravy and not depended on the flour from the crust to thicken it. I could have probably thought of a hundred things I could have done to make it more perfect, but these are the only ones I did after dinner, so I could freeze some lunch-sized containers with the delicious, make-overed goodness. Oh yes, also had Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
  • Snacks - 1 Ritz cracker (better not forget that, as Nikkie saw me test-taste it. From now on I have to test-taste everything I give the kids, as I opened a little chocolate milk for Chris today (dated 2 days in the future) and it seemed it was very sour. Poor little guy. If he was a big guy (like his daddy or poppy, it would have been frigging hilarious. Also, cranberry juice, a few candy, and an orange. Don't know if anything else will travel the long lonely highway to my tummy before I go to bed - I'm in a real craving mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment