Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Flog for February 19

As my Sunday morning was coming down, I was either watching Coronation Street, having a shower, knitting, or sitting in the truck getting a ride to work. The latter wasn't a choice, but a must. Well, actually, the shower wasn't really a choice, either. And I didn't have to put on my cleanest dirty shirt, as I did laundry yesterday.

I didn't have a beer for breakfast, and my head didn't hurt. My fingers hurt a bit from knitting too much, and my knee is starting to act up a little, and it's getting harder to kneel down and get up. And I definitely didn't smell chicken cooking, because that was yesterday, too, and I didn't hear church bells ringing - but I still love that song!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-axr23-WP0E

Today must have been a special day for some shoppers, as it seemed we had a lot of needy customers, some of which had Pauline and I shaking our heads and wishing time would fly (or maybe even wishing we were stoned, whatever that is.)  Maybe there was a Mother Ship circling overhead, who knows. If so, I'm glad they weren't gathering knitters, as I pretty much like my life here on Earth.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - not just any old toast, but home-made bread toasted to perfection over the re-hot stove element (yummy)
  • Lunch - Beef, Veggie and Pasta Soup (Ground Beef, tons of Veggies, and squirly pasta. Secret to my super delicious soups? My super delicious stock!), 2 slices of Bread and Becel, and a Yogurt
  • Dinner - BBQ Chicken and Salads, last night's leftovers, which were just as good tonight (now I have 2 chickie carcasses in the freezer just a'waiting for the next batch of soup), and a Strawberry Tart
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Bran Muffin, Diet Pepsi
Now, I would like to make a short note regarding the Bran Muffin. A Bran Muffin isn't really a treat. If I wanted a treat, I would have brought a Chocolate Chip Muffin. No, a Bran Muffin is more of a dose of medicine, with some sugar and fat added to make it palatable. A substitute for a bowl of Hay for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment