Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Flog for February 11

For the first time in my married life, when I crawled out of bed this morning after sleeping in until 5:45, mainly because I had to pee, but also because I figured I should put the coffee on, Howard decided to also get up to pee, THEN GO BACK TO BED. When I asked him how come he went back to bed, he said it was Saturday, and there was nothing to do.

When I think of the thousands of mornings I got up sooo early because he woke me up and started coffee - when I had nothing to do only enjoy a morning lie-in ... well, I'd rather not think about it.

Anyhow, I stayed up - and he got back up - and I resumed knitting the blasted scarf I need to have done by Tuesday. Only had it half done.

The morning turned into a big bag of fun, actually. I had two little artists taking turns, snacking and painting.
Lizzie doing her artistic impression of a rainbow ....

... while Chris enjoys his yogurt....

... and Chris doing a montage of his favourite things ...

... while Lizzie chows down on Gingerbread Cake.

Meanwhile, somebody else was not getting much knitting done. Hopefully we won't need to have a 24 hour marathon.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Bacon and Bean Soup - I found one lonely little baggie of it in the freezer while I was hunting meat for tonight's dinner. Didn't find anything suitable, but did find something yummy for tomorrow night
  • Dinner - Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Coleslaw, and Tomato
  • Snacks - one little bite of Gingerbread (it was really good) and one little bite of Pineapple Fruit Cake (not so good, although Howard appeared to like it, which is fine, as that means he can eat it all) - just two little bites of Quality Control, really, and tons of coffee, to the point where I am sloshing when I walk, most of an Orange, a bite of Banana - I share with Lizzie, she shares with me - and since I found the candy jar with the leftover Hallowe'en candies in it, three candies. Can't wait for next Hallowe'en, as the only candies left are the crappy ones - no chocolate ones at all.
Well, here are Lizzie (the youngest gal) and me (the oldest one) just sitting here at the kitchen table while she doesn't eat her grilled cheese sandwich. She's only been sitting her for the past hour or so, and I think she has probably two bites gone. And that would be two little teeny bites. 

Scarf knitting went really well today, but I got no walking in, which is probably for the best as my blasted knee is starting to hurt again. I sure hope it's just a temporary glitch in the old system, so maybe a few days of rest (at work) will help. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww the fun of married life. 'Tis enough to change a person's hair colour.

    God love hubbies and grandkids "cause they sure have a way of testing one's loving patience....sometimes.
    Mind you, just sometimes!

    ReplyDelete