Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Flog for February 29

Well, my extra Leap Day is over, and I did nothing exciting. A walk to Walmart with my buggy, which brought $120 worth of groceries and necessities home. A sweep of floor. A wash of laundry. A bake of bread - 5 loaves, a pan of rolls, and a mini-loaf for the mini-people. A cook of dinner - really nice Pepper Steak and White Rice. And a walk to a corner 'store' for tomatoes, which I forgot to get at Walmart.
...now all we need are the 2 fishes and a multitude of people...

I thought there was a market on the corner of 88th and King George, at least I hoped there would be one. If there wasn't, there should be one. But after walking there, which was a lot of downhill that turned into uphill on the way home, I found there isn't one. However, there is this really little closet-sized Hole-in-the-Wall mini-store, and although I had to get down on the floor to find a bag of tomatoes on the bottom shelf in their fridge, I did find what I was looking for. Sure beats another hour and a half walking to Pricesmart and back. Got a little bit caught in showery rain/snow mix on the way home, but c'est la vie. When customers come in complaining about the really cold, wet and windy weather we've been having lately, I just say, "Yeah, you'd think it was winter, wouldn't you?"

Now even though it's only just after 6 o'clock, I think maybe a really early night, in hopes that tomorrow will be better. First though is to watch some Doc Martin.

The only thing that's wrong with me right now is just a state of mind, as I feel a bit cantankerous. Be glad you are miles away.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Leftovers - Shepherd's Pie. Now that's all gone, which is good, for it makes room in the fridge for tonight's leftovers.
  • Dinner - Pepper Steak, Rice and Warm Fresh Bread. Mmmmmm.
  • Snacks - A Pep bar, a diet Pepsi, and a few grapes 

No comments:

Post a Comment