Friday, February 17, 2012

My Flog for February 17 - And A Whole Lotta Nuttin'

I know you'll all feel bad for me when I tell you I had to go to work today. After all, I only get 4 days off a week, and to have to take one of these days and spend it working was absolutely horrid. But I did. Up so early, and, unlike the muffin you will read about shortly, I was risen but not shining. Before I went to work, I made some Bisquick tea buns (I should say I burned the bottom of some Bisquick tea buns,) and cleaned Kitty's litter box. Then it was off to the Sky Train station.h

Work wasn't too busy, so we sort of slacked off. I still looked at it as my day off, just that I had to spend it at the store and get paid for being there. My manager called in the afternoon and said she was just sitting around all day doing nothing, and I said, 'Yeah, I'm not doing much either." She just laughed. She probably thought I was kidding. I wasn't. However, before she left yesterday, sick as a dog and feeling like she was dying, she forgot (or didn't care about) her bike locked up in the alley beside the store. Which wasn't a really big deal,
until a guy from the set of Once Upon A Time came in, and said it was in the way of the film crew, as that was where the next scenes were going to be shot. The guy offered to drive up and get her key, unlock her bike and bring it either back to her house, or into the store. She wasn't fussy about giving a stranger the key to her lock, so I said I would come up with him and get her key and take the bike inside the store, and she was okay with that.

It was only after, I realized that though she didn't trust her bike key with a stranger, she didn't mind me riding in his car to get the key. Guess she's got her priorities straight. Oh well, it's all for the cause, and who knows, maybe I'll get my name in the credits if there is a Bike Mover category.

It wasn't a very busy day customer-wise either. Another guy came in and asked if we had boxes of popsicle sticks. I said no, but we had packs of them. He asked how many were in a pack.

I answered, "Enough that you'd say 'Oh Crap' if you dropped them on the floor."

By the way, there were 150 and they cost $1.49. Less than 1 cent each. Just in case you're interested. Which you probably aren't.

The only other interesting thing from today was the van parked across the road.






  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Some kind of soup from Steveston Bakery, I have no idea what it was, but it was really good. I think it may have had cauliflower in it, no, come to think of it, it was corn something or other - I knew what it was when I ordered it, but now I really can't remember. Also a Rise and Shine Muffin. I like the sound of that one. I said to the cashier, "I've been risen and shining for hours, but I'd still like that muffin." And it was really good. I think it had carrot and raisins in it - so there you go, tons of veggies and fruit today.
  • Dinner - KFC - Who the heck wants to cook at 7:30 on a Friday night? Not me. I don't believe anyone should have to work on Friday, anyway. I had to work today, and it sucked big time.
  • Snacks - Orange Pop, Hot Chocolate, a little Bisquick tea bun, and a few crappy Sponge Bob Hallowe'en candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment