Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Flog for February 23

8:49 AM
I stayed in bed this morning, until almost 8 o'clock, just waiting for some energy to seep in from the blankets. Didn't work. Now I feel like the day's half gone and I have nothing done. Not that I plan to do much. Drinking coffee is about all I can think of right now.

Things I might do if I get a burst of get-up-and-go:
  • Move our beautiful dining room table and all the boxes, plus TV, that's stored on top of it. Steve's 4th bedroom renter moved it all over in the corner and blocked the door to the furnace sometime over the past couple of days. Now we have no access to the furnace room, but more important, I have no access to my box of recipes, which prevented the guys from having some really nice baked stuff for their lunches today, as the recipe I wanted was in that box. (On a scale of  1 -10, 10 being No Way, Uh UH, Am I Crazy?), how badly do I want to do this? ... -23)
  • Laundry (Well, at least I don't have to take it to the nearest river - so that's not too bad ...  7)
  • Move the bed in our room so I don't have to walk, straddle or crawl over a small mountain of a husband every night when I go to bed. (I would have to move other stuff as well ... 8)
  • Tidy ( 6)
Things I will probably do instead:
  • Knit
  • Watch Sanctuary 
  • Eat (feed a cold, starve a fever -  I'm pretty sure I'm breeding a cold - which is better than breeding 2-legged creatures at this time in life. A while ago (a long time ago) I realized that 39-40 must be about middle-aged, as those numbers doubled will bring forth comments like, "Well, he lived a long life...." Now I'm almost 60, I don't even want to think about it. But if I was a Native American, I would be revered for my wisdom and knowledge - for example, feed a cold and starve a fever.
  • Nap
Things I will definitely NOT do:
  • Walk 9128 steps
Things I did:
In order to move and tidy, I had to first use my bed for a temporary storage unit.
I do have a lot of stuff, don't I? (Well, this ain't half of it.)
The corner became handy, too, although this made it more difficult to open the door. I'm glad there was no fire or flood.

Now, see, if Howard was here, he'd just think I was making a mess, and not tidying up. 
A storage cubey thing fell on my head, but I kept on going.


And now we have a nice dustless (kinda) room. 
the dark thing in the corner is my record player on top of a drawery cabinet


gotta have a place for my knitting books/magazines - and baskets for my socks and undies (not that you're interested)

  •  Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup and left-over Crust from last night's dinner - still yummy. Now the soup's all gone, so it's time to make some more.
  • Dinner - Crock Pot Baked Beans and Beer Bread - yummy yummy yummy
  • Snacks - Muffin, Cranberry Juice
I don't think Howard is talking to me tonight. Our room was so stinky last night, even burrowing my nose in the blankets didn't help. I had to go upstairs and get the room freshener so I could get to sleep. And tonight he says it was the cat.
All I said was, "I didn't know the cat was a ventriloquist."
Steve and I thought that was hilarious, and bust out laughing.
I'm pretty sure Howard won't talk to me tonight. And come to think of it, why the heck did I make beans for dinner? Rats.


No comments:

Post a Comment