Friday, February 24, 2012

My Flog for February 24

5:53 AM
Seems like I got a lot accomplished yesterday for someone who had no energy. Oh well, it just shows that when you want something done, get right down and do it. I am very happy with our room now, and I can even watch TV and tap at the same time. And no more mountain climbing every time I get in and out of bed.

Today's plan? Tidying upstairs - I told the kiddies I'd help them tidy their room, which usually means they stay out of the way until it's done, then come in and tell me how nice it is (always does a heart good to hear a few words of praise), and maybe I'll bake something. It's a really rain-pouring-down kind of day, so I don't think I'll venture far on my feet. Hopefully I can dig up something from the bottom of the freezer and turn it into something spectacular for dinner. If not - pizza is only a call away.

12:17 PM
Even though raindrops were falling on our heads when I got up, they turned to something else a couple of hours ago. Can you guess what?
If you said 'Snowdrops' you were right. Great big huge ones.
Since winter was outdoors, I decided to bake something - in fact 3 somethings -
Oatmeal, Raisin Oatmeal, and Gingersnaps

They passed the Taste Test - and also passed the Stuffing Your Face And Flaking Out On The Couch Test -
I could have baked more, but ran out of the basic stuff - shortening, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips.

5:44 PM
I guess my day's about done. I swept the living room, and that's about it. Helped Lizzie put together 2 of their 24-piece puzzles - that's about my level right now, it seems. And, I was right - pizza was just a phone call away.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - an Undetermined Number of Cookies, Coffee
  • Dinner - Pizza
  • Snacks - Nada. Nil. Nutting. We could always share the number of cookies I had for Lunch, I guess.
And - on the slight possibility that you missed it, a story I wrote a couple of years ago, The Orange Sock, was published in the March edition of The Downhome, a Newfoundland Magazine. I don't have a copy, unfortunately, but I did paste the story onto my Flog, so if you haven't read it yet, click this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment