Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Flog for February 28

This morning at the Skytrain station, I passed a Skytrain person talking and writing what I assumed was a ticket to a commuter. I just skirted them and put my 3.75 in the ticket machine, which proceeded to gulp my money and refused to issue me a ticket. 

That's when I realized the same thing had happened to the commuter, and the Skytrain person was taking her name and not writing her a ticket after all. I asked him why he didn't tell me the machine was broken, and why he just let me go ahead and lose my money. So he went on about how he wanted to make sure it wasn't working (I guess I was his test subject) and he would make everything okay. So he wrote me a day pass - which meant I could use it for a free trip home at the end of the day. 

After I got on the train, I wondered what he would have done if I had put a $20 bill in the machine, as it will give you back change when it's working properly.  And what if that had been my only money and I was depending on the change for my lunch. Would he have written me a cheque? Hopefully I'll never find out, but I only hope that if a machine decides to steal my money again, there will be a Skytrain person there with a piece of paper and a pen.

However, now I'm home, and warm, and almost ready for bed. It's pouring rain outside my window, and there is a chance of snow overnight. I have tons of plans for tomorrow (Day 1 Off) but what I will end up doing will depend on the weather. One thing for sure, I am going to have me some Doc Martin - missed him over the past few days, which I had to spend catching up with Coronation Street.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch- Bagel with Cheddar Cheese (thanks to Steve for making my lunch), Coffee
  • Dinner - Pizza, the Rest of the Orange Cake, as I was doing dishes and wanted to get all the plates clean. No one else would eat the last slice, so I had to. Sometimes one just has to do what must be done.
  • Snacks - a few chips, Hot Chocolate, 3 cookies
My latest sweater:

I told my manager today that I had something published in a magazine, and she asked me if it was a Letter to the Editor. I thought that was a tad insulting, and must remember never to dedicate anything to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment