Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Flog for February 4 - Words, Pictures, Laughs, and Song - What More Could You Ask For?

Last day off, I don't think I really want to go back to work tomorrow, but I really do need a rest. Hopefully I won't be greeted with tons of boxes and line-ups of customers. 

Today, after cleaning our room - which just entailed making the bed, picking up some 'stuff' (such as pieces of yarn and underwear) off the floor, vacuuming (which caused me to dust, as the filter somehow was floating loose inside the canister, so when I turned the damn thing on, a cloud of dust ballooned out into the air. Not satisfied with that layer of fine particles floating in the air and settling on all my 'stuff,' I turned it on again only to have the same thing happen), dusting (damn the vacuum cleaner) - I went cookie-making, and if I had had the chance to count them before they started to disappear, I would have. I know I made 56 peanut butter cookies, and not quite so many chocolate chip ones. I had to eat several of them just for quality control purposes. Pleased to say they all met and exceeded requirements. 

After all this was done, Howard and I took Chris and Lizzie to Ladner to Neil and Shannon's. This meant bus, skytrain, bus, and walk. 
on the bus

We had a really nice visit ...
...with Dominik, sampling my Chocolate Chip Cookies...

...and Clayton, the video game expert...

...and Tanner, the artist...




...and watching YouTube with Neil - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evq8wnvTC3M - Robin Williams' intro on The Actor's Studio, so FUNNY -  and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebUt-OFR0vE - a Buddy Whatsisname and The Other Fellers song that will help all the mainlanders understand Newfie language a bit better.

We left at 7:30 to do the reverse trip - in the cold and dark. Brrr. I also put on about 33 pounds on the way there and on the way back, as Lizzie's little legs found it hard to keep up and got soooo tired, so I ended up being her mode of transportation part of the way. Not uphill though. It's hard enough getting me uphill. 

"Hey, son, am I walking too fast for you?"
"No, daddy, I'M walking too fast for me."

(Read that somewhere years ago. For some strange reason it stuck in my mind.)
  • Breakfast - I know you think I'm going to say Toast and Coffee, but I'm not. We had pancakes and coffee instead. Lizzie had 1, Chris had 2, and I had 3 (pancakes, not coffees)
  • Lunch - Soup, Bread
  • Dinner - Macaroni and Cheese, Tomato - we had dinner at Neil and Shannon's, thanks Shannon!
  • Snacks - A few (ahem) cookies, and a few (ahem) Hershey Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment