Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Flog for February 25

I didn't really plan anything for today, as it's a Howard-at-home Day, so my plans aft go astray on these. So I really didn't know what I was going to do, until we were both in the basement where we store a whack of stuff, and he said, "You've really got a mess here."

And it was true. Every now and then I go treasure-hunting - a VHS here, a cookbook there, here and there a bread pan. And I don't always put things back where they belong, even though Everything Has A Place. So my day became planned.

I went through tons of boxes, unpacked some books, records, VHS's, and etceteras, and got a pile of stuff for Value Village. Although when I put it all in my older Value Village pile, which was there for about 4 months (since we moved here), I had a brain wave. So off to Craigslist I go, to the Free category, and guess what? Pam is going to pick up 7 boxes tomorrow morning at 11am. I am so smrt. Still.

Dinner was easy. I baked an Orange Cake, and Chris 'helped' me make the frosting - so it took a little bit longer that unusual. He gave me my daily smile though. I said, "We need 6 tablespoons of butter," so he went to the utensil drawer and started counting out tablespoons - "One, two, three.... " How cute was that?

Because it was really windy and cold today, I never went for a walk. The only outdooring I did was to visit the garbage can. But in between boxes, I watched the last two episodes of the last season (5) of Sanctuary, and I do indeed like the way it all ended, and I did some knitting and some sewing together of a previously knitted sweater

Now there's not much left to do, only frost that cake and eat a pile of it and go to bed. Tomorrow begins my 3 days of work, and once again, I will enjoy the rest.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee 
  • Lunch - Baked Beans (left overs) and sort of stale Beer Bread
  • Dinner - Shepherd's Pie - so so so good, and Frozen Mixed Veggies - well, they weren't frozen when I ate them, as I cooked them as instructed.
  • Snacks - 4 cookies, and probably, maybe, some cake before I hit the sack. Maybe not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment