Monday, February 20, 2012

My Flog for February 20 + Skip-a-dee - don't (Duh)

Have you ever had such a deep sleep, that you didn't wake up when your partner got up for work, and missed making lunches, having coffee, knitting, watching Coronation Street or Sanctuary, and would have been late for work if your son hadn't come down to see if you were ready to leave? Well, that's what happened to me this morning.

At 7 am, 2 hours after I should have oozed out of bed, I opened my eyes, and was ready to leave in 15 minutes. After about 5 of these minutes, when I was trying to avoid the mirror and the droopy eyed old creature looking back at me,  I realized I was probably getting sick. My manager has been really ill all week, Steve wasn't feeling well on Saturday, and I was just saying how I have gone through all winter without getting sick. Crap, why do I open my mouth some times?

However, being a trooper, I grabbed a ceramic travel mug of coffee (my nice pretty ceramic mug that I dropped on the sidewalk on my way home - down it went in one piece, and landed in several,) and made sure I had my 3 Important Things (keys, phone, and bus fare,) and off we went.

Of course it was cold and rainy. I settled in a seat on the Skytrain, untangled my earphones, and turned on my MP3 player. The first song I heard was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPUlMC2qETo

She obviously had a nice breakfast after she got up, while I had nothing at all, except a cooling cup of coffee. However, I made up for that when I hit Steveston.

  • Breakfast - Sausage and Egg McMuffin, Coffee
  • Lunch - a shared Chicken and Veggie Chowder and a Sante Fe Wrap
  • Dinner - part of a Pork Chop, Potato Salad, Strawberry Tart
  • Snacks - Iced Mocha, Diet Pepsi, Muffin, Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment