Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Flog for February 7

Day 3 at work, now I'm all set to have 4 day offs. I have some plans made, but not too many. A bit of housework (maybe), a lot of knitting, since I have a stripey scarf to do for a customer before the middle of the month and am not even halfway through it yet, and not sure what else. Maybe a bit of walking, who knows. Depends on the weather and my mood.

Well, last night after dinner, I baked a Mincemeat Bundt Cake. Or should I say, I partly baked it, as I discovered this morning there was a small circle near the bottom that was still raw. Only slightly baked. I had it in the oven 15 minutes more than the recipe said, and my toothpick came out clean, and the top bounced back when I pressed on it, but nevertheless, still a raw piece. However, it still got really good reviews from the big boys, so I will make it again, only next time I'm going to put the batter in a rectangle dish (probably 9" x 13") so I can make sure it is fully cooked. Link to recipe below.
Looks kinda cooked, doesn't it?

Looks very yummy, half gone already - but do you see the little uncooked bit near the bottom?
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/mincemeat_bundt_cake.php


  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Egg Salad Flatbread and two cookies from Subway, Cranberry Juice
  • Dinner - Dressed Up Goulash - with added Pasta Sauce and Cheese (guess somebody was listening after all. It was a LOT better tonight. Wonder how it will taste tomorrow?)
  • Snacks - A piece of cake, a glass of milk, a yogurt and an iced mocha
My bus ride home tonight was very disconcerting. The gal sitting across from me (we were sitting in the wheelchair area) started out by tapping her right leg - tap tap tap tap etc for what seemed like 3 - 4 minutes, then changed to her left leg. Tap tap tap. Then she started swaying her left foot side to side for about the same amount of time - then her right foot - then both feet together. Then back to tapping, this time on both legs, faster and faster. She kept on doing this for the 45 minutes she was on the bus, and I'll tell you, that was another reason I was glad when the bus pulled up to the Skytrain station. Because even though I was listening to my MP3 player, and trying to ignore her, ignoring her was a very difficult thing to do. I'm not sure if she had OCD, Tourettes, or was simply doing some kind of weird Asian exercise routine.

Reminds me of and old British saying - Nothing as queer as folks.
(Comes from an old Welsh phrase: "There’s nowt so queer as folk" and basically taken to mean "There is nothing as strange as people" refined further to "it takes all sorts".
That guy John is just a nutcase...
I guess there's nowt so queer as folk.)




No comments:

Post a Comment