Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Flog for February 5 - Rats!

This morning, even though the grass was white with frost (weather was foggy and hovering around 0 degrees), we noticed the strawberry plants had really sucked up the sun and rain over the past weeks - and TA DA -
New growth - just look at the size of these leaves! A wee walk around the house and I found this -
New growth on this bush. Not sure what the bush is called, but the lighter green is definitely new growth. And then I saw this -
I don't see much hope for the tree stump, but there's a bit of green stuff around it. And surrounding everything - the aforementioned frosted grass.

So, it being Sunday once again, my hubby gave me a ride to work. As we neared the highest point of the Alex Fraser bridge, he said, "Well, there's the camera, if you want to take pictures." I know just about every time we go over the bridge, the views are so amazing, whether there is sun, or cloud, or fog - and I always say, "Hey, pull over and stop so I can get some pics."  He never does though. (You're not allowed to stop on the bridge - if you run out of gas you get a whopping big fine and there is a tow truck just a-waiting to drag you out in an expensive kind of way.)

So I say, "It's no good taking pics when the truck is moving, they won't come out." And to prove him wrong, and me right, I took the damn pictures. Here they are.
At the highest point of the bridge, a nice view of the windshield wiper.

The camera tried really hard, but just couldn't capture what was in my eyes

Snow capped mountains in the distance

  • Breakfast - Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup, Pineapple, 2 Peanut Butter Cookies
  • Dinner - Ribs, Fries, Dressing
  • Snacks - Pudding, Yogurt, Hot Chocolate
And now,  to finish off the evening, I'm babysitting the 'girls' while Steve cleans their home -


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhdtgG5Te6Q - Who says friends can only have two legs?

No comments:

Post a Comment