Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Flog for February 16 + Did You Miss Me? Cos I'm Back Now....

I guess I could fill in yesterday's blanks. For Lunch, my buddy and I shared a foot-long Egg Salad Sub from Subway, and I also had a coffee and a Chocolate Chip cookie. For Dinner, I had Chicken Noodle Soup and a Yogurt from Tim Horton's. And Pauline and I each had a toasted English Muffin and Hot Chocolate (well, she had Tea, but then she's English, so what else would she have?) So even though I had freedom of choice and lots of places to choose from, I remained a good girl with the vision of a huge bathing suit looming in the near future.

I had two days of marvelous, actually. Went to Steveston to pick up my cheque, then did all the stuff I planned (see yesterday's half flog), plus walked for ages and ages,  and then went to the Gateway Theatre to see Theatre Newfoundland Labrador's production of Tempting Providence. It was fantastic, if you get the chance to see it, don't miss out. I've never seen a sheet transform into so many things - plus the acting was incredible, the story was wonderful. 

After the play, I went to Pauline's for a sleepover as planned, and I had a big bed all to myself - and a good night's sleep. I know Howard was here hugging my pillow, but that's okay. Tonight he can hug me - when I get around going to bed!

This morning, after (imagine this) a coffee served to me while I was still in bed, Pauline dropped me off at Shannon's and we spent the day together, lunched at a really nice cafe - soup, and CAKE - we shared a big ball of Carrot Cake and Chocolate Volcano Cake -
looks yummy, doesn't it now?

also very yummy

Even Dominik liked the chocolate cake! Yes, we did indeed share with the little guy...

- and thrift store shopped. I stayed long enough to see the boys after school, then transitted home. The only rotten part of the whole thing was getting the phone call to go to work tomorrow. Rats. But I said yes, because I'm dependable and you can count on me, yessiree. (Insert naughty word here.) 
  • Breakfast - Scrambled Egg on Toast, Coffee - thanks to Pauline and her wonderful B&B!
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Mocha, and a few bites of yummy cakes - Carrot and Chocolate Volcano
  • Dinner - Cheerios (back home again!)
  • Snacks - 2 Hershey's chocolates, not the big ones, or even the Hallowe'en ones, but the ones that look like mini bars, only about 1 1/2 inches long. No room in them for calories.
I am thinking about going upstairs to make muffins. If I do, rest assured I will be doing a quality control test, because I have a rumbly tumbly, and who can sleep with a rumbly tumbly? It would probably even drown out Howard's snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment