Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1, 2023 - Back Again For Another Year? Maybe.

A few (many) years ago, I started this blog, intending to post every day for a year - which I did, and more besides. But after time, and over 60,000 visits (mostly from me I think) I ran out of words, ideas, and motivation.

But now I'm back. Because I want to get in the writing groove again. And with your help, I would love to get to 100,000 visits. And I just spent almost seven months unable to use my fingers (as well as most other body parts) so it's a blessing to me to be able to tap again. 

July 1, 2023

Canada Day. Howard put the Newfoundland flag up on the back of the house and the Canada flag on the front, and I guess we'll soon be trying to sleep with the sound of fireworks blasting from the neighbourhood. If we're lucky they'll run out of noise before 2am.

I celebrated by doing dishes and making chocolate ice-cream, which isn't really in line with trying to re-lose the 9 pounds I put on. Well, to be fair, this past winter, I lost 13 pounds in 15 days after taking pills that were supposed to be great painkillers, but in my case all they did was help my food leave my body in terrible ways shortly after eating. The doctor suggested I stop taking them but I figured well, a pound gone is a pound gone - but then I ran out of them and didn't have the nerve to ask for a refill. And even though I didn't feel extraordinarily fat before I lost the original 13, after putting 9 back on, now I do. Go figure.

40 minutes later ...

While I was pondering over some more words, The Lord And Master decided we should go for a stroll, so off we went. Just a very short block, a kind of circling around a cul-de-sac, me with my cane as I'm once again a bit off balance, and him with his, because he has aches and pains in various places. I vowed to get in at least 5000 steps a day (a far cry from my 2 year ago Facebook memory, which showed around 35,000) but so far I'm only getting around 3000ish - 4000ish. It is a new FitBit, so maybe it's just not working well. 

When I started this blog - or flog, as in food log - it was mainly that. To keep track of the food I ate and try not to shame myself online for scarfing down cake and donuts and yes, ice-cream. So I guess I could finish this tonight with that, if I can remember as far back as 7 am.

Breakfast - Toast with raspberry jam-like spread. Just wtf is that. I don't want jam-like, I want jam. I've been caught so many times with jam-like, and not real jam, you'd think I'd have learned my lesson. But no - and now I have a humungous Costco bottle of raspberry jam-like spread to get through before I can carefully buy the real stuff. Coffee.

Lunch - Frosted Flakes. Just because cereal is another way of saying carbs while not eating more bread.

Supper - Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Mayo

Snacks - Veggie Straws, a few cherry tomatoes, a few Christmas Advent Calendar chocolates I found in the cupboard, and a couple of wafer cookies. Coffee and more Coffee.

And Jello (sugar-free) because a couple of times a day I have to take monster pills that get stuck in my throat without a slippery surface. (Supplements - calcium and Omega 3.) 

Don't burp after taking Omega 3s.

So there, now you know why I put 9 pounds back on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment