Thursday, July 27, 2023

July 27 - When best laid plans go wrong, you should just bite the bullet and get on with life. Did I say bullet? I meant donut. Bite the donut.

 Well.  I got up early and went to Lifelabs for my blood test - the one where I had to take half a pill last night, and have blood work done at 8. Remember? Well, I thought I should get to the lab early, so they would understand the need to get me in at 8 o’clock, which was my appointment time - the last time I had an appointment I had to wait an extra hour to get done. 

So everything was fine until I was asked for the requisition.  Since I didn’t get one, I just assumed the doctor had sent it directly to Lifelabs, which some do. But she never. So no blood work. 

And there won’t be any more if I have to give up my RA meds for a week again, either. My hands are not at all happy, and neither am I.

However, enough about that. I am pleased to announce I lost two of the three pounds I gained, so to celebrate we went to the Krispy Kreme Donut place and got a dozen. (For the Kids, of course.)

We also went to Jysk, which is kinda like an IKEA for poor people, but is also close to where we live and the nearest IKEAs are across big bridges. It wasn’t the most pleasant store to visit as the entire first aisle where you walk in is completely hung with mirrors. (I think that’s what brought donuts to my mind.) 

Other than all that, it was just another boring day in Paradise. 

I have a poem for you tonight as I am too lazy to look for anything else. It’s an oldie, but I think a goodie. Doesn’t have to be a love poem, so we’ll just call it a like poem, cos I’m not really wishy washy like that any more. 


Untitled

If you were a can of yellow paint

And I, a can of red

Sitting on a shelf together

Out back in the shed,

Somehow we’d get together

We’d mix and ooze and blend

And make the damnest finest orange,

Wouldn’t we, my friend?


So, there you go. Nighty night from Lotus Land. 




No comments:

Post a Comment