Friday, July 28, 2023

July 28 - If nothing else, I have the ability to make your life seem more exciting. You can thank me later. I’m just half-lying here burping up my Omega 3 pills.

 What can I write?

I do not know. 

Sometimes words come,

Sometimes they go. 

Kind of busy day. Went to Canadian Tire, Value Village (dropping off, not buying), Walmart, and a dollar store. Told the person working there I wanted two balloons, and she took off. By the time I caught up with her, she had one blown up and was starting the second. She handed me the first - it was a Happy Birthday one.  

I said, I don’t want a birthday one. I have the numbers of the ones I want. (And even if I did want a birthday one, and that one specifically, I would have said it wasn’t what I wanted. Just because.)  If she thought she could read minds, she was wrong. She was also a bit snooty. But I thanked her very kindly nevertheless, and she just turned away. Maybe she thought I was being sarcastic. Moi?  Never. 

When I worked at Crafts’n’More, my favourite question from a customer was, ‘Do you work here?’ It wouldn’t matter that I would be on a step stool restocking yarn, or getting ready to roll a huge box of broken down boxes to the recycling bin, and me wearing a Crafts’n’More apron and a Crafts’n’More hat.

I had the perfect answer. 

‘Do you work here?’

‘Only when the boss is looking.’

Anyway, up early in the morning as we are driving to the Abbotsford Airport to pick up a couple of very important people. Hence the balloons. 

Maybe I’ll have some pictures tomorrow! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment