Monday, July 10, 2023

July 10 - I shouldn’t write about food because now I’m hungry. And it’s bedtime.

 Boring day, but also exciting - 3 weeks til our oldest son’s visit! He’s coming all the way from northern Manitoba, and I think he’s a bit worried there will be no Pineapple Upside Down Cake while he’s here. 


Not to worry, not to worry. We’ll take care of that. 


If you live near me and want the little packs of Koolaid that we used to buy (4 for a dollar) and can’t find them, because absolutely nobody carries them, and you want to flavour your ice-cream like I did, then don’t worry any more. There’s a little store on 120 Street called Mr. Munchies, and they have a decent supply - even if they are now 75 cents a pack. 

I made our sister-in-law Sharon’s Waikiki Meatballs for supper, but instead of her fried rice (which is delicious), I fried up bacon, cabbage, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika - that was a really good side dish for the meatballs. Just in case you were wondering  

It’s getting past my bedtime now, and tomorrow might be a busier day - places to go (Safeway has salmon on for $3.49 a pound, according to their flyer) but no one special to meet. I still haven’t given up on our picnics - but seems like someone else has. 

Maybe tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment