Thursday, July 20, 2023

July 19 - Here’s proof that I can do a lot of things, but none of them very well. Sigh.

 Yawn. 

I thought I would start a Poem A Day thingie, just to see if I could get back in the groove, as they (who, I wonder?) say. 

So as I was sitting on the swing on the back deck, wondering what I could write about, Steve’s Taxas Yew caught my eye. Then I realized all the good first lines were taken. 

‘ I think that I will never see … etc etc.’

So I thought, a poem about our walk in Green Timber Forest. Same problem. 

‘Two roads converged… etc etc.’

So I figured I’d go a little Ogden Nash-y, but my mind just went overboard with that. 

‘There are aunts around my feat 

Looking for sum food to eat

I guess to them my feat smell suite

Like hunny in the summer heat.


I guess they just don’t realize

That I’m a thousand times their sighs

And if they decide to try to bight me 

They’ll find that is what will insight me.


And I will stomp them with these feat

The wons that they were wont to eat.’


Who needs spellcheck when you’re smrt?

No pictures today. Maybe tomorrow. We’ll just have to see what (ahem) develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment