Sunday, July 16, 2023

July 16 - I may be boring, but thankfully I’m not bored.

 I know it’s summer, but I wish I could turn down the heat a bit - I think tomorrow it’s going to cool down to about 24. However, then I won’t have an excuse to not do housework. Seems I just can’t win. My friend from next door and I were discussing how we could manage to get fired from cooking and cleaning, but doesn’t look like that’s a possibility. 

We had a birthday boy in our house today, as Christopher turned 17. He wanted a cherry cake, so me being (kinda) stupid thought I could add cherry koolaid to the buttercream frosting I made so it would be cherry flavoured. 

And it was. It was also a very bright pink. Steve took one look and said it looked like a Barbie cake for a 5 year old girl. 

To compensate, I added blue and green sprinkles, but that didn’t really help either. 

But it still tasted really good, and our boy (young man) as always, appreciated my efforts. 

And now to the horticulture segment. A flower opened on one of my cacti this morning, and there’s at least two more on the way. I think they like the hot weather more than I do  



And I’m pretty sure there is another heart leaf starting from the stem below. Fingers crossed.



My tall bunny ears had a major growth spurt in the last few weeks too, each part growing more ears. I’ll soon have to build scaffolding to keep 
from falling over. 



Well, it’s almost 10 o’clock, but so nice on the back deck now I don’t want to go upstairs, even though it’s past my bedtime. 






No comments:

Post a Comment