Friday, July 7, 2023

July 7 - Another hazy (due to wildfire smoke) lazy crazy day of summer

Not quite as hot today - it only went up to 27 degrees, and that wasn’t until this afternoon. I got a bit of housework done this morning, but that’s not very exciting, is it? Howard and I did a little walkabout after supper, but my step count today was pretty dismal - 3347. 

I made jello - sugar-free - so that in itself isn’t very exciting. You don’t (at least I didn’t) realize how much sugar is in regular jello until I held one in one hand, and one in the other. No wonder the regular stuff tastes so much better. However, we’re trying to cut back our sugar intake, and every little bit is supposed to help. Well, some of us (Howard) may not realize this, but he hasn’t complained about the jello yet - as long as I don’t give him the lemon flavoured. He says it tasted too yellow. 



A pretty rose in front of our window. Such a sweet smell! Because my phone goes everywhere with me, usually in my back pocket with music pouring out, it was handy when I checked the mail and did my usual flower inventory. (I do use my Air Pods too, but some people, like the guy I’m married to, gets pissed off when he has to repeat everything he says because the music is a bit loud in my ears.)




 I also baked two blueberry loaves this morning, just trying to heat up the kitchen before the sun did the job. See, I’m not overly strict on the sugar thing - and not strict at all on the flour thing. I spent so many months not being able to bake, now I want to catch up, I guess. 



Steve took me to Guildford mall after (his) work and bought me a new Apple Watch, which was very sweet and kind of him. Now Nikkie, he and I can communicate any time with the walkie-talkie app. Or, of course  we could just call each other on the phone, but that wouldn’t be as cool.

 Over and out. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment